View Single Post
Old 07-19-2017, 11:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

foxyproxy,

Good to hear you are doing better even though you still have struggles.

Sorry to hear you had bad results with full spine chiro. The protocol you experienced is called Activator with leg check. It can be fabulous but not as good for C-1 and C-2. The tool works by breaking the friction of the vertebra and using the muscles to pull it into position. It takes more treatments than Palmer or Diversified manual adjustments. I can see how it is not helpful for PCS. It has been a lifesaver for me and my family. My chiro referred me to a PT for the C1 issues.

Regarding any of the various chiro protocols, each chiro is unique. I've been to at least 18. Only 6 helped me. One NUCCA may be of little help. The next may be great. NUCCA in the proper hands can be useful. Some NUCCA believe that they only need to treat C-1 and C-2 and the rest will magically correct themselves and heal your body. Blair is the most questionable in my view.

If your neck is still a problem, what have you been doing to maintain good neck posture during sleep, naps and rest ?

Have you had any sleep testing ? Your sleepiness and fog sure sounds like what I experience when my sleep apnea is a problem. Mine is a result of neck inflammation. If I sleep with my head and neck out of position, my breathing will eventually mess up and my day is a foggy and sleepy. My wife can predict my days by how I am sleeping when she gets up.

I use a recliner for when I am struggling to sleep in bed. I do much better now but it took a few years of sleep discipline.

Has your PT tried an gentle traction and mobilization ? Mine pulls on my head and gently rocks it and/or massages the vertebra until she feels it loosening.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote