View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 12:28 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

How low is low?

With many drugs, it is not the amount, but the consistent dosing that helps. Why would steroids be any different? Doctors often overdose patients on Pred. Their approach is "let's nip this in the bud." Well, we all have MG forever. Higher doses of steroids don't get rid of MG, and they can cause major problems such as secondary illnesses.

Low dose naltrexone, for example, has been shown to help with other AIs. Someone I know from NZ uses that.

If doctors don't study ALL of the info there is out there, how can they know with any certainty what they are claiming? And why would they disagree with the Mayo Clinic, that clearly states steroids can cause a false negative antibody result?!

Does the low dose relieve your MG symptoms? There are objective tests that can show that, such as breathing tests.

I can't stand when logic doesn't prevail over out-dated paradigms. Even science changes over time. For example, there is a guy who can predict earthquakes with 80%+ accuracy. The experts said that no one could ever do that.

I hope your docs will maintain an open mind! And that this MuSK will be positive!

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ErinBear (07-20-2017), rach73 (07-20-2017)