View Single Post
Old 07-20-2017, 07:17 AM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Thank you for the advice.

I did see a neurologist and will go back in September for a check up. I spoke to my general doctor and he told me to see a therapist and go from there. If that doesn't help, then we can discuss medication.

You are right that there is a lot of emotional stuff I really didn't consider. I always went off how I felt physically and when I felt good, I just figured I was set to go. I have had some trouble accepting everything and that I actually had a TBI/Concussion.

I do feel good when I am busy or with family/friends, but it does cover up how I really feel. I had plans to go to FL next Thursday to visit my parents for a week and after talking it over with my parents and my boss, I changed my flight to leave Monday. I think what I need is to be around family, relax and just be gone for a little bit. Get out of my current area, my apartment and just really relax and take it easy. I won't be able to check the mail everyday worry about the hospital bills, I wont have to worry about work or traveling. I can just relax in Florida. Be with my parents, my fiancé and my dog. I think that will help and I will start fresh in August. I am hoping that helps. When I get back, I will see a therapist and also go to the Concussion Clinic.
Nyy13251 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote