View Single Post
Old 07-22-2017, 11:40 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Sudden braking in car yesterday

So yesterday I was in the passenger seat of my moms car and we were doing around 35 mph. We were in an unfamiliar area and she went to turn and second guessed whether she could and slammed on her brakes. My head flew forward as a result but I tried to keep my neck still and not let myself fly back once the car came to a stop. Not sure what that would help but it felt like the right thing to do. So anyway, after that I completely psyched myself out because I know deceleration can cause another concussion. So when we got home I completely broke down that I was concussed again. For the rest of the day I had really bad neck pain and was dizzy and much foggier with head pressure and a slight headache. My sleep last night was also mildly interrupted. I already had whiplash from my original concussion 9 months ago. My mom and boyfriend think i'm upset/symptomatic because of anxiety and the original neck injury possibly getting jarred a bit but I of course am convinced I have another concussion. Especially since today isn't much better symptom wise. Just wanted to get thoughts from people on here who I know have more experience on the topic.
adip18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote