Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 06:51 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Getting the kitties their shots was a DISASTER, and I couldn't feel worse for them for what they went through... POOR KITTIES

Getting them into their carriers was pretty easy, but as soon as Buddy was in his, he was shaking the whole thing like I had caged the Tasmanian Devil (I think it's too small). We had a 40 minute ride to the PetCo where they were holding the clinic, and of course, they all cried the whole way there.

Corey put Dottie and Rocky in the back seat face to face, and Dottie projectile vomited into Rocky's cage and all over the back seat. I could only wipe out the front of the cages (with paper towels from one of their clean up stations) so they wouldn't escape, but their paws were covered in puke, so I just did the best I could. Fortunately, we didn't have to wait in line long. The vet was very understanding about the mess in the cages... Dottie pooped in hers, too.

They all behaved very well when they got their shots, and got good reports from the vet. They let me take Dottie's carrier into the bathroom to quickly wipe it down with disinfectant before we took her home. It was ****ing gross.

If that whole ordeal wasn't enough for them, when we got home, we had to clean the puke off Rocky and Dottie in the shower because it was EVERYWHERE. I felt SOOOO BAD because they had already been through enough...

I have no idea how, but they were all back to normal by last night, and they seem to have forgiven us already. I think they are all just happy to be home.

Afterwards I had to take apart the two big carriers to clean and disinfect them, then I had to go out to deal with the puke in the car.

I'm worried about putting them in their carriers again so soon and taking them to a new place. I don't know how well they will tolerate it...

So after another day of distractions and getting nothing done at home AGAIN yesterday, I feel A LOT more pressure to get things today. My anxiety is so ****ing high it's making me SICK. I REALLY hope my husband will be cooperative. I need to make a list of things that he absolutely has to do TODAY. I'm not accepting the usual I'm tired, I don't feel good, and other excuses... we're starting to move in 5 days... and it IS the 11th hour, so it's time for him to get off his *** now.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-23-2017), Dmom3005 (07-31-2017), ger715 (07-27-2017), Mari (07-23-2017), mymorgy (07-23-2017)