Thread: Wisdom?
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 07:39 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

As someone who has suffered from PCS almost 4 years, I have found that traveling always sets me back with my progress and do not recommend the overseas trip that you have in mind.

I am sound sensitive and my headaches, nausea & dizziness come from increased 'noise' and movements to my head/neck. I have made tremendous improvement recently using rhythmic drumming patterns customized for me by Strong Institute in Santa Fe. You can look up their website & speak with Jeff Strong who has been doing research over 30 years. He has a lengthy questionnaire you must answer. Jeff has been modifying the tracks I listen to from my feedback since March. As an OT and someone with PCS, I highly recommend using Jeff's custom program. Most doctors are clueless as to how to help sound sensitivity & this is the only thing that has helped me. Had to open my own tool box to realize I needed every strategy that I taught others as a therapist to help myself!

Good luck and please tell Jeff that Sharon told you about his program. I am spreading the word about his program at every concussion conference I attend in the NY area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
SMSotr is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
twohandles (08-13-2017)