View Single Post
Old 07-23-2017, 11:34 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbielski1905 View Post
I don't post all the time but I'm not sure what else to do. This autonomic part of the neuropathy is getting to me. I sweat so much now, only on really on my head.

I practically live with a fan on me at all time and with a towel. It's gross. It's so embarrassing at work to have a towel on me all the time. I don't even bother doing my hair.

Has anyone been like this or have any suggestions?

Thanks,
HB

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I have autonomic neuropathy also, and some summers I have the issue of sweating from my head only. The first year, my scalp was drenched all over. The next year the sweating was only on the back of my head, and 2 rivers of sweat would stream down the back of my neck. Another year, only my forehead. I've been using a "cooling towel" which helps quite a bit. It's a thin, smooth cloth that you get wet, wring out, and put around your neck. It doesn't drip, although it will get your clothes damp where it touches them. If I put it on before I get really hot, it keeps my head a lot cooler. I also use the ends of it to pat my forearms or face; when you first wet it, it feels really cold. They gradually dry out and have to be re-wet periodically. They come in different sizes and shapes. I use one that's long and narrow like a scarf. I can see using it in an office and not looking too weird.
dogwalker is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Joe Duffer (08-08-2017), St George 2013 (08-08-2017)