View Single Post
Old 07-24-2017, 02:06 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hains View Post
Mindfulness practice can help de-sensitize your stress/anxiety response. It did for me. I can now recognize within seconds when I get anxious, and can sometimes steer my mental process away from it.

Many people recognize mindfulness as an effective tool. However, very few people are willing to sit down for 20 minutes a day to see the benefits....even though it is single-handily the most effective tool to overcome PCS.

Hains
Agreed, I have started on a Headspace-spree and hope to continue doing my 10-20 minutes a day. Apart from the benefits when it comes to anxiety, meditation has been shown to promote changes in white matter (higher axon density, higher prevalence of myelin) over a span of just 4 weeks. As PCS is theorized to be caused by disruptions in white matter, meditation seems to be a highly beneficial tool to deal with it.

Send me a PM if you'd like the article, I can't seem to post it because I have too few posts on my account.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anja 70 View Post
I have not really found a way to deal with it.

Hains, what exactly do you do? Do you listen to audio books to help you calm down?
Anja
I'm using the app Headspace, it has a 10 minutes a day for 10 days-program that you can try out for free, and if you subscribe you get access to hundreds of sessions that you can do. This is a guided meditation-programme, and as you get better at doing the meditation by yourself, you get less instructions and more freedom to go about the exercise yourself. I have completed 12 days in row and I feel significantly more calm and sharp during the days. Sleep seems to come easier too.
smutsik is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote