View Single Post
Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Learning to let go if things that cause a reaction was important. Learning to accept every return of a symptom was a big part of that. A "Here is my PCS springing up again. Give it a moment and go on." response was best.

I actually planned for a return of symptoms if I knew I was going to push my limits. If I had to go some place that was too much stimulation, I planned on a low key period after.

What do you mean by problems with executive functioning ? Can you give an example ?

Fatigue is often a sign of not getting quality sleep. It is best to wait to go to bed when you are sleepy rather than get in bed and try to go to sleepy. When you are sleepy, falling asleep should happen within a few minutes.

Many mistake being tired for being sleepy. Tired is a bodily issue. A bit of activity and strong breathing can resolve feeling tired. Sleepy is a brain issue.

Bed time is controlled by wake-up time. Getting up at the same time each day will do more to help one get to sleep at the same time. Sleeping in on weekends can disrupt the getting to sleep time.

Fatigue can in some situations be a symptom of excess stimulation. In that case, a few minutes of eyes closed rest can resolve the fatigue. I used to take 10 to 20 minute naps in my recliner and wake up ready to go. Naps should be limited to short periods and only one each day. Otherwise, they mess up the sleep rhythm for proper night sleep.

Have you been checked by a vestibular therapist of PT for your dizziness ?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote