Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:15 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I saw the apartment yesterday, and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!

There's laminate "wood" flooring everywhere, except in the bathroom (linoleum) and the two bedrooms (carpet). We'll be getting all new kitchen appliances, but the old ones were in the living room, making it hard to tell how big it really is, but it *looks like* there will be plenty of room for our new furniture. I'm sure Corey will find a nice way to set it up. The kitchen is tiny tho, and I think it will be ****ing impossible to fit our kitchen table in there. Corey can take a look Friday, but he will come to the same conclusion. There are a lot of cabinets in the there tho, and plenty of closet space throughout the apartment. The deck is twice the size of our patio, and the view is very pretty

I'M SO EXCITED!!!
It's TOTALLY different than our current apartment. I hope Corey likes it... I think he will tho. If he doesn't, he will just have to learn to love it.

We have things that we want to replace in time, but I think that Corey will want a kitchen table sooner rather than later. I can buy a smaller inexpensive one (possibly a high top) that suits our needs off Walmart.com and have it shipped to our local store for pick up pretty quickly. I still need to buy new trash barrels and a toaster (only 1/2 of ours works because of the constantly leaking sink), but that's no big deal.

I left enough clothes out for us until Monday, but the rest is finally packed. It was a MUCH bigger job than I thought it would be... my husband has SO MUCH clothing! I also packed up everything in the living room, with the exception of the electronics, which my husband is responsible for. I don't have a much left to pack that is pack-able right now. I expect to be done today. I will be dealing with the kitchen Thursday night or Friday afternoon.

I have to go out today to buy more boxes and pick up a couple of things at the store (milk, TP, etc), and I'm not happy about it, having been out to view the apartment and run errands yesterday. Between that and packing, I HAD TO TAKE A NAP because it was too much, and I'm already feeling run down today.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-26-2017), Dmom3005 (07-31-2017), ger715 (07-27-2017), mymorgy (07-26-2017)