View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 08:39 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Why do you need to track symptoms ? They are there. Move forward. Some symptoms do not have a recent trigger so all you can do is keep moving forward.

1 severe concussion in 1965 (10 years old) 3 moderate concussions over the years. 10 mild concussions over the years. Living with PCS since 1965. Kept moving forward through the ups and downs.

I attend a brain injury support group. A sleep expert who specializes in head injuries spoke to us and said get up time rules the ability to get to sleep. She said the only way to impact going to sleep is by wake up time. It sets the sleep cycle. btw, She follows sleep research and attends every sleep conference possible. We've suggested she write a book.

If your PT has not done any vestibular assessments, his care is limited. Your neck may be fine but you can still have vestibular issues. My wife developed a vestibular issue a few months ago. The same PT who treated her for skeletal/muscular issues previously used entirely different diagnostics and therapies to help her. Maybe a PT who specializes in VT would be worth while. You need to determine what kind of sensation you are sensing.
Dizziness can also be visually oriented.

Yes, a need to understand and fix everything is tough when it concerns PCS. PCS does not have any direct treatments. It is far more art than science.

[This has lead me to the not-always-so-healthy mindset of feeling that resting in order to get better is a matter of performance. I am yanking on this position with the calm that comes from my meditation practice, but if the symptoms persist for longer than 5 months I will have to rethink my attitude. That's when the term starts again. ]
I have no idea what you are trying to say with those comments.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote