View Single Post
Old 07-26-2017, 11:10 PM
Magnate

10 yr Member
Magnate

10 yr Member

Pam,
I just wish you could take a "leave of absence". You are in no shape to even put your body together to get ready let alone go to the office. I can't imagine having to go to work. I am fortunate, I no longer work outside the home anymore.

I deal with the 24/7 pain and as your situation with DB is similar in some ways. My husband is almost impossible to have a conversation or even get responses most of the time. We can talk about the news or some things going on in the world; but not about us or our situation; let along to even ask "how do you feel".

My belly/groin issues/pain override the PN and the spine pain. The cancerous rectum removal was difficult enough; but it all worsened when I had the three Ventral Incisional (abdominal) hernias with mesh repaired 1 1/2 years ago. The tummy pain was bad enough but after the surgery am now dealing with awful Bursitis pain in both groin areas.

The constant "potty" trips because of needing to keep things pretty loose just adds to the pain in those areas. The worst is in the afternoon after lunch along with already have taken 2 Miralax. The colon goes into spasms and often feel like I'm going to pass out while on the "potty". Lately I have been having to take something for pain, along with a Vallium and lay down in bed until things calm down. This afternoon was no exception. I told my husband my pain was really bad and I was going to lay down; (but of course, first told him what I was planning on making for dinner). When I got up, he was reading; never looked up or even asked if I felt any better.

That hurts more than the physical pain. I know you are dealing with the same thing. It really is sad.

Pam, I Pray; "No more Bowel Obstructions"........

Gerry

Last edited by ger715; 07-27-2017 at 01:56 PM.
ger715 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (10-18-2017), PamelaJune (07-28-2017)