Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 06:58 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

The kitties have been tolerating the packing very well. They are enjoying laying on the boxes. Rocky keeps chewing on the tape though, and I'm afraid the bottoms of the boxes are going to fall out! There's pretty much nothing left in the bottom of the closets, so I've left the doors open, and they've been spending a lot of time laying in there.

We won't bring them to the new apartment until Saturday, but I'm going to plug in the Felaway diffusers as soon as we get there on Friday. I don't know where we are putting the boxes yet, but I bought 3 new ones based on size alone. Their comfort is what's most important. We'll find a way to make them work.

My assigned parking spot is right next to the door. I'm going UP to the second floor now, but there are the same amount of stairs as if I was going DOWN (like I am now) so it doesn't matter. There are less stairs at the new place, and my apartment is right at the top of the stairs. The stairs are better at the new place because I can clearly tell them apart. The carpet pattern is funky here so it's hard to do that and I've had quite a few falls.

I won't talk to my husband about buying a new kitchen table until he sees the new kitchen. When I say it's tiny, I mean it's TINY. Our set isn't even that big (round glass table, 4 chairs), but it won't fit. It's not appropriate for outside use, but we have a little patio set with 2 chairs and a little table. We would need something VERY SMALL for the space we have. He won't want to spend the money right now, but he can be convinced.

I got a call from the lady in the leasing office asking if I could come in and sign the lease yesterday vs. Friday. So I paid the security deposit and first month's rent (OUCH) and signed for myself and Corey. We have the keys, but we can't get into the apartment until after noon tomorrow.

I got very little done yesterday because we had no water in the morning, I had to run errands, and go sign the lease, but I think everything will be okay. I don't have a lot left to do as far as packing goes. I'm going to clean some of the furniture when I'm done. I don't want to take dirty/dusty things into our nice new apartment. I was going to do one more load of laundry here, but I may not bother.

I get my nails done every other week, and I'm overdue. I was going to skip this week, but I changed my mind. I've worked LONG and HARD and decided I should do something nice for myself because I won't even have time to breathe for quite a while. My appointment is at 8:45am, so it's early enough that it won't interfere with the rest of my plans for the day.

We are supposed to pick up the U-Haul truck tomorrow at 9am. While Corey starts putting boxes in the truck, I'm going to pack up the kitchen. We won't be getting any help moving until Saturday afternoon. I hope he doesn't hurt himself trying to do too much before then.

I don't know when I'll be back online since I'll be so busy over the next few days...

I wish everyone well, and look forward to checking in when I can
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-27-2017), Dmom3005 (07-31-2017), ger715 (07-27-2017), Mari (07-27-2017), mymorgy (07-27-2017)