Thread: Chronic Fatigue
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 08:29 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Chronic Fatigue

Does anyone want to talk about the fatigue part? I also have fibro, but with the right drugs I can sleep and that prevents most of the pain for me. But I am having tremendous trouble with managing my fatigue. How do you schedule yourself --match your activity to your energy budget, when the available energy isn't the same day to day? And how do you motivate yourself to not do things when the result of overdoing won't be felt until later in the week, maybe?

At its worst this is the kind of fatigue I'm talking about: I last about 2-4 hours after a sleep, my muscles can't sustain more than a few minutes of activity, then they start to quit on me --like when you've done the first 30 sit-ups and your belly muscles are shaking and begging you to stop. (Anyone remember being able to do that?) I find myself panting because my breathing muscles won't take a deep breath. I can't hold my head up, keep my eyelids up, etc. I lie down to rest, and 2 hours later I get up and I'm good again -- but only if I don't do too much and only for a few hours. Thank G-d it isn't like this all the time!

So, any suggestions? I am using provigil, and it helps some, but mostly with the mental fatigue. The muscles are something else.
shari is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote