View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:35 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Confused Does This Look Like A Normal (Negative) MRI Result?

I was told that my MRI was negative, but I am starting to wonder if there is some mix up. Are there any people with any of this sort of expertise on here?

First off, I am wondering about the big white dot in the middle of the interhemispheric fissure. Alien implant? There is a smaller one right next to it. It looks like a ball of metal.

There is also one white dot in the middle of the brain, one below that on the left, and two on the right. They look irregular, like white matter lesions.

Next off it looks like the spaces between the two gyri of the brain is huge. Does this indicate degeneration? I have read a recent study that says a LOT of degeneration can occur here and people can lose 10-20% of their gray matter. The article title is: (can't post links yet)

Brain MRI shows lingering effects of concussion
By Wayne Forrest

This is the one that is scaring the crap out of me. But I don't know how to interpret these scans.

I have included my MRI image along with the image from the study showing reduced blood flow and corresponding gray matter loss.
Attached Thumbnails
Does This Look Like A Normal (Negative) MRI Result?-klemp-brain-scan-jpg   Does This Look Like A Normal (Negative) MRI Result?-2016_07_21_15_21_46_372_2016_07_22_mri_brain_concussion-jpg  

Last edited by SilenceIsSacred; 07-27-2017 at 10:52 PM.
SilenceIsSacred is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote