Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 05:32 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

Yesterday started out badly because I had left my lights on the day before and my battery was dead, so we were stranded. I had to call the U-Haul store a couple of times to tell them we would be late and ask them not to give our truck away. After a lot of wasted time and misadventures, we finally took a cab to pick up the truck, bought brand new jumper cables, and Corey used the truck to jump start my car.

This is the 3rd time this year I've done that. To put it mildly, Corey was NOT HAPPY with me, and it was a miserable day for us both.

When I brought him over to see the new apartment, there was a random refrigerator in the living room. I don't know if it was that, his bad mood in general, or the shock because the apartment is so different, but he really didn't seem thrilled about it... not exactly the reaction I was hoping for, but he did say it's better than where we're living now, so that's something. I called the office and left a message about the fridge. I REALLY hope it's gone today. If it's not, I don't know what we'll do with it, and I know Corey will hit the roof.

He worked like fiend putting almost all the boxes in the truck yesterday. It's almost full. I wish he had paced himself. My BIL is coming some time this morning. The truck has to be empty before Corey picks up the furniture from the store, but I hope he doesn't plan on emptying the truck all by himself. He's sooooo impatient.

I just have to pack up the clothes I left out for us for the week, our everyday bath items, and the rest of the kitchen. I would have packed up the whole kitchen yesterday, but Corey wanted me to make dinner last night, then changed his mind, and we ordered out.

I have an appointment with the cable guy between 10am-12pm. I have to have at least 1 phone, the TVs, and the router there. Corey has to disconnect everything this morning. It will no doubt put him in a bad mood.

We'll wait until late afternoon to bring the kitties to the new apartment. I REALLY hope that this car trip goes more smoothly than the last one. The new cat boxes came a few days ago and are waiting to be picked up at the office here.
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-29-2017), Dmom3005 (07-31-2017), ger715 (07-29-2017), mymorgy (07-29-2017)