View Single Post
Old 09-24-2006, 04:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Ur gonna hate me!

Realize I am taking a huge chance of being hated here on BT2......
But here goes.....I am so glad there are wonderful giving people out there...in this day and age too many have their hands out wanting and taking....rarely giving with no strings attatched. It's just awesome when you find wonderful and caring people who are givers. I like the story "Pay it foward"...also saw the web site for this and uncovered a humungous scam....wow!

Let me tell you this story....sad but true.....
But I just want to throw some caution into any transaction made over a web site.
Here goes....
Don had MS (he passed away a few years ago) He was a wonderful friend and was trying to raise his two boys on top of his declining health.
He got a wonderful offer for some medical equipment through an MS forum.
The wonderful person was so sharing and caring to be "giving" him something of great value. We were all exstatic for this.
He only needed to pay for the expensive shipping cost....but the "deal" was definatly worth all that and much, much more.
After sending a money order to the wonderful giver....weeks passed.

But when the equipment never arrived as promised....and a thorough investigation, we all realized he'd been scammed big time.
He was out over $199 for shipping and handling.
Sadly we found out that the gift "giver" had a record of doing this numerous times....but these sort of things are hard to prosecute due to it covering different states. Despite this being a crime....no police agency is going to go after a "petty" theif in a different state.
I know....you are all rolling eyes and ready to shoot me for throwing in such negativeness into such a wonderful offer. I am not calling any one a theif here, I just want those who are vulnerable to check things out.

What happened to Don was just devastating to him and caused a lot of heart-ache to him because he was so trusting and needy at the same time.

Go ahead and be angry at me....but please check things out before sending money into cyber space.
ALWAYS a good idea is to check out references via an agency that handles medical equipment...or better yet....have the agency handle the shipping!
Unless the giver is paying for the shipping....then I'd say...whoo-hooo!
What a deal and wonderful and giving of them.
Please dont be upset with me regarding being cautious.....If you only knew what I've seen from experiences.
The old phrase still rings true "If its sounds too good to be true....it probably is"!
Blessings, Cheryl
Still life is worth living no matter how bad my pain is....there will be a better day....I tell myself this often, and the sun breaks through the clouds...and I smile!
crytears is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote