View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 04:22 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Nigel, I read and rested, then read again and again. I'm in hospital you see, my mind has been hijacked and thoughts I think are mine but maybe heavily influenced because I'm under such strong medication. Anyhow, that's by way of introduction explanation. Gerry kindly said to me Pam go looking. I'm so glad I did.

Sonnet 7,8 & 9, Triolet, Rondelet and finally Vallanelle. I'm in awe of you and how your words can traverse time, decades even. Today I travelled back in time, or so it seems. niigs bought a Tardis to NT.

Please take no offence when I say I your words, a light came before me and suddenly my mind filled with George Orwell - 1984. I pray I have not offended. Loved his story, I studied it and treasured it, not a clue as to why.

Your words in no way are in his, but they move me strongly to his world / time. 1949 I think was when he wrote? I may well be wrong, I am so heavily medicated, I type a word and fall asleep, awake and think what was I doing, but 1984 is running rampant through my mind after reading your words. Your words move me as did his. I hit a key and before I know letters are spread across the page. I'll stop now, I, having to go back and correct every other word and posting what I'm trying to say.

Nigel, is this a talent of yours, you write regularly surely ?

I can't remember it all, and in my befuddlement will surely have more wrong than right, but this has remained with me since I was but a child;

Under the spreading chestnut treee
I sold you; all the while you sold me

Beneath the spreaded chestnut tree
Here lie they; and here lie we

What lies beneath our ruined tree
I wonder now, I wonder how

Our literature teacher was careful to be sure we knew what was always correct first. And then we were allowed to play upon words - to take a liberty with well versed words and to play with them in a manner that suited us. I loved it, I loved the fact I could play and not be thwacked for impersonating. Impersonation he told us was the finest form of compliment. These are my words from 40 years ago, they have stuck with me and today your words coaxed them from he depth of my memory.
ger715 (07-31-2017), Niggs (08-08-2017)