Thread: Another Thread
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 07:34 AM
Elder

10 yr Member
Elder

10 yr Member

I guess the car does ding if you leave the lights on, but I'm oblivious to it... I am oblivious to a lot of things. Thank you for your suggestion about putting my purse in the back seat, Mari. I will try that

I was (obviously) in control of all the packing, but my husband took control of the move. I did not like the way he rushed me, or told me how to do things, but he was doing all the heavy lifting, so I didn't argue with him. My brother-in-law was with him most of Saturday when I was not, and convinced him to get rid of some things that I had not been able get him to part with (BONUS). We were pretty much on our own Sunday.
I spent a lot of time holding open both entry doors at once for Corey and/or my BIL to bring things in... not exactly easy for me. Being on the second floor will be okay, but it's not exactly easy to continuously go up and down the stairs when you're moving though. I'm very sore from all that, and from everything else.

I could have chosen a more convenient time for the appointment for the cable installation on Saturday, but I didn't know how ****ed up the previous install was here. The cable man couldn't find the source of the signal and had to locate it, drill holes, run cable wire around the front door, and God knows what else. He was here from about 11:30am-2:30pm... time I could have spent doing a million other things. When he has the energy, Corey will still have to clean up his work, too. I guess it was sloppy.

With everything we threw away/gave away, I can't believe how much **** we still have!!! Corey worked SO HARD... I can't believe he went to work today. I wish he would have taken today off because he must be in a lot of pain.

We brought the cats over to the new apartment Saturday afternoon. Dottie didn't puke or **** in the carrier. This time she peed in it, and was covered in it. I had to wash her up and let her dry for a while in the bathroom before I could set her free. For a while, Rocky was hissing and growling at everything/everyone. Buddy wouldn't come out from under a little end table for a long time. Later, I found Dottie hiding between Corey's two pillows (lol) and Buddy hiding under the quilt on the bed. Now Rocky is happier than I've ever seen him! Dottie seems very comfortable now, too. Buddy was spending most of his time under the covers, but I saw him sneaking out to eat and use the box. He's been out exploring this morning tho, maybe because Corey isn't here.

I bought a corner litter box and I worried that they wouldn't take to it, but it's been a big hit. They've all been using it. All 3 boxes I bought are HUGE. I used my black light everywhere last night, and there's been no improper urine marking so far!!!
They've also been good about not scratching the couch so far, at least in front of us.

I still have to clean the old apartment... there is A LOT to do... I don't know how I'm going to do it all, but I will do the best I can and that will have to be good enough. I know I have until tomorrow at noon, but I want to be out of there TODAY. I wish I was hypo/manic, but I'm not... I'm dragging ***.

I have to buy trash cans and TP. It would be nice to pick up some food, too because our cupboards are bare, but my car is full of **** that Corey (understandably) just didn't have the energy to bring in last night. I may bring in a few small things before I set off to the old place to make room in the car for the other things. IDK if I want to waste my energy doing that though. I have enough to do today already. Corey is coming by the old apt. after work to (hopefully) pick up the vacuum and the rest of my cleaning stuff.

Yup, I really do ****ing HATE those couch pillows! They're ugly as sin and feel like sand bags. I'd like to burn them, buy new ones, or at least put pillow covers over them, but Corey wants to keep them as is... yuck!

Wish me luck cleaning! I need it!
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-31-2017), Dmom3005 (07-31-2017), ger715 (07-31-2017), mymorgy (07-31-2017)