View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 04:23 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I'm sorry I haven't been here in a while. I managed to eradicate my PN and paresthesia. Here's what I did but it is hard to discern what the major cause was. I've managed to make some of the symptoms return by taking zinc or B12 too often:

I limited zinc supplementation to once or twice a week
I introduced a vitamin B1 supplement once a week
I take vitamin B12 now once a week (my first blood test was 260,0 pg/mL, and when I had a test at the end of March 2017, it was 992,0 pg/mL)

Fluoxetine withdrawal is going slowly but there was no change to the dose at the time I noticed an improvement. There is also a hypervigilance factor that applies to my PN - now that I returned to this forum, and am writing about it, I am sensitive to tingling in my feet and hands. I haven't noticed anything for months. Hypervigilance and anxiety are major factors in my case and may be significant in even severe cases of PN.

I will update later this year when winter hits, to see if temperature has any effect, even though I had argued that warmer weather seemed to make things worse!

@NewCreature I'm so sorry it took so long for me to respond. I am very happy that you got your B6 level within the normal range. Your B12 level may be worth mentioning in a thread as its reduction hasn't resulted in you getting any relief from PN symptoms. It may be worth continuing to supplement B12 alone. I would avoid B6 supplementation. I did not get MTHFR testing done yet.

My situation with medication: fluoxetine and levothyroxine, means that my body is not functioning normally. There are iatrogenic changes that need to be addressed before I can get a good picture of what my body is really up to. However, genetic testing would of course yield the same results whether I was on such medication or not but I guess I've put it off until I can reduce my fluoxetine to much lower levels first.

How would you rate your paresthesia and PN out of 10 in terms of intensity? Do you ever get some relief from it at certain times of day or with certain activities? I never rated mine as severe but it definitely caused me discomfort. Are there any supplements you are taking still? It may be worth looking at those and starting a thread here asking for advice.

Feel free to keep posting in my thread though
Kittygiggles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
bluesfan (08-11-2017)