View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 12:54 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member
Default Peripheral neuropathy

I'm in my early thirties previously pretty healthy and 7 months ago I started getting a tiny pricking in my small toe. It would only occur occasionally and especially when having a hot bath. I naturally wasn't in the least bit concerned, and I never imagined I would be in the state I'm in currently. I don't remember exactly when but at some point, things began to worsen fairly rapidly. Within about 2 months, both feet began to tingle and this was only when walking and taking baths. It continued to progress and the paresthesia has gone up the calves, the thighs and now arms and hands bilaterally and even the genitals feel numb. I also get frequent pins and needles in either leg, the scalp or arms.

That is not the end of it. My whole body recently stopped producing sweat and I have severe heat intolerance.

The other symptom which I believe could be related Is that for the past three years, I have had mildly swollen and painful lymph nodes on mostly the upper body which would fluctuate.

It's as if my immune system has reacted to something and has stayed reactive all this time. Although the nerve pain only began several months ago, whereas the lymph node issues began three years ago.

The bottom line is, I am in hell. The pain has spread and is increasing in frequency, duration and intensity. The heat intolerance has made me housebound. The loss of sweat is probably permanent. Doctors have never seen anything like it.

At some point I'm not going to be willing or able to cope with this. I don't like thinking of death but I feel that will be my only option at that point.

Anybody have any clues on this?
jimkh is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Notsohappy (08-15-2017), St George 2013 (08-08-2017)