View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 07:32 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Welcome to Neurotalk. Sorry you find yourself here.

Likewise, I'd never heard of Cramp Fasciculation Syndrome, but it piqued my interest because I do have a bad problem with cramping in my feet and lower legs. Benign Fasciculation Syndrome is something I'd read about years ago, I thought that was what was affecting my left leg (since the 80s). Then things got ugly in 2013.

I can relate to a lot of your symptoms...

Burning in the legs and feet - Yes!

Buzzing - always in my feet and lower legs, sometimes upper body when flaring. I have a "full body" buzz when I wake up in the morning, but it mostly subsides once I get moving.

Ridiculous unseen twitching in my legs - I think magnesium supplements have helped this. They seemed to wane once I started taking them.

Localized altered sensation on three toes

I have other symptoms too, but those are the "highlights."

Is the numbness in your toe you report really numbness or just altered sensation? I can feel a pin prick on my toes, so they're not numb, but what I feel constantly is a sensation of something like my socks being bunched up, or maybe my toes being wrapped in something. When I flare, I get that wrapping sensation all the way up my lower legs.

I'm going back to a neuro for the first time in three years in a couple of weeks just to get feedback from another one. I've not had the punch biopsy done because three years ago my other neuro said "I know you have SFN, and the punch biopsy won't tell us why." At that point I'd had a gazillion tests done, and didn't argue.
janieg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
St George 2013 (08-08-2017)