View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 07:47 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Just got the scan results from my neuro earlier tonight. Good news - No to osteomyelitis and No to bone cancer. But I have got to keep an eye on the right breast tissue, you can see / feel it is denser than previously and the right nipple has started to invert ever so slightly. So much so I had to ask DB last year, has my nippple always looked like this - No! I've never had it before that I could recall and when they did the testing it was very sore to touch with the ultrasound. So I have to have 12 monthly checkups & if it turns in anymore or it looks to be turning a different colour, or I get a discharge of any kind, I have to go straight away to GP for referral. That's good news I think...

It does however seem I might have some sort of blood poisoning from the half titanium pedicle left behind in 1996 from the surgery in 1994. It may explain why my markers were so high (like really high) and why I keep throwing high white cell counts on and off for over the past 20 years. Now of course that has to be checked & needs to be done before Narula can proceed.

In the meantime L4/3/2 has disintegrated / deteriorated - which explains why I'm loosing height and the vertebrae needs to be removed preferably via an anterior procedure but because of many difficult stomach surgeries I've had and the difficulties they presented it is a real predicament for us all and so, and I absolutely must have a general surgeon present as well when they operate.

The not so good news ... If the titanium pedicle is in fact poisonous and a problem Narula will not do any procedure at all, so I simply must get that resolved first. If it's not a problem which I'm hoping for, they will leave it there inside L4 where it's been for the last 23 years and I can carry on. Truly it's not really caused any issues, the odd pain / awareness occasionally but in the main no real cause of any issue has been able to attributed directly to the "oh it's the 1/2 pedicle left behind" I do wonder if it has caused me pain on occasion, but the reality is it is more likely pain from where they took the bone from the laminectomies in 1978 & again in 1994. Laminectomy pain can last for 30 plus years I'm told....

I go home tomorow, I'm being discharged with yet more drugs of meds to be sure I will survive the next 3 weeks and not require hospitalisation or assistance for next 3 weeks so we can celebrate our anniversary. I will know more when I speak with neurosurgeon next week with my husband. The Neurosurgeon insists DB be there with me when we meet on account of the severity of the situation. To do nothing is not an answer either. My spine is crumbling at a rapid rate and my spinal cord will become compromised before long. Night xx

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
Have you heard anything about the bone cancer/infection issues?

It appears you were pretty much told you needed to have a L-3-4 fusion or thereabout. Is this something you think you would be up to? I think you had mentioned in the past having had a fusion in either the cervical or lumbar area.

I had L4-5, along with a laminectomy some years back but still needed a series of Epidurals a year or two later in that area, which didn't help. Also had a failed SCS trial.

Since my mamo over a year ago revealed a growth on the back wall which appears not to look cancerous; but will have to have continued mamos/ultrasound regarding the growth every 4 -6 months. Have my third testing middle of this month.

As you mentioned; it does get overwhelming. But as you are a "fighter" as well; you will not give in or give up.

Sending prayers your way "my dear friend" to cope with all you are dealing with.

Gerry

Last edited by PamelaJune; 08-02-2017 at 10:35 AM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (08-03-2017), ger715 (08-04-2017)