View Single Post
Old 08-02-2017, 11:30 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

If I may, please accept this offer of a virtual hug, your journey has been tough my friend, your matter of fact explanation so surely paints the picture of vivid horror behind it. I regret you had to go through it, but to some extent I have to acknowledge that was undoubtedly a profound pivotal moment in your journey to recovery. I'm so grateful to have the chance to know you, without your having experienced that moment you may well not be here at all my friend. Thank you as always for sharing. Treasure the wind blowing through your hair as you embrace the bike ride this afternoon and enjoy leaving off of work early for some valuable "me" time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icehouse View Post
Well, another day, another milestone.

6 years ago today I woke up in a jail in VA. I was unsure of the hour, the day or even the month. Alcohol had nearly killed me with a BAC of .37 at arrest.

I had nothing but an orange jumper and the overwhelming need to vomit.

Today I will leave work early, bike 3 miles and then meet up with the others from my weekly recovery group to down some Cokes and some Jesus.

I still walk with a gait. I still have occasional balance issues. I dance like a drunken sailor. But, I am sober, I am healthy and I look forward to waking up tomorrow.
ger715 (08-03-2017), Icehouse (08-03-2017), kiwi33 (08-03-2017), SecondChances (08-04-2017), Wide-O (08-03-2017)