View Single Post
Old 08-04-2017, 04:26 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Ditto for the comment "If you are going to be in a room with lots of sounds, especially voices, try to stay near a corner so the sound is coming from one direction" something I learnt from this site a while ago - very, very effective.

My GP recommended an online programme for noise desensitising (think it was from Australia) which she had seen get results. I contacted them but after receiving 5 emails within 2 days trying to get me to sign and pay up I left well alone - as still trying to read and process what they had sent!

Over time have improved, comparatively speaking - learnt to dive in and out of situations as tolerance levels permit - frequent interval spaces cope better than staying the distance until I can no longer tolerate.

Still certain noises remain intolerable, the sound of food frying/sizzling, weed blowers, and noise of water coming out of shower head, these being my top 3 of all time. Trucks and motorbikes drive straight through my head!

Know now when I am overloading during the day so take breaks of time out with noise cancelling headphones on and weighted eye pads which help immensely, sooner rather than later, then recovery time is less.

Backpack, wallet, vehicles, all have packets of those not so great foam ear plugs. Do folk have recommendations for these?
chasann is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote