Thread: toe curling
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 10:19 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Toes

I guess we could discuss just about any part of our bodies and find some pd related agreement and discord like everyone is the same but we're all different. I felt that the toe curling I have started out as simply repetitive pressing down with my toes in order to better feel my feet and balance. Combine that with restless legs and all the other wierd neuropathic stuff that I've felt over the years and toe curling became compulsive. It was a way to feel my numbing feet. I have a pair of Redwing Shoes that are warrenteed for life I believe. I've thought of going on record as the first person to wear a hole in the soles of Redwing Shoes from the inside out! My right big toe came close! Now my toe curling is limited to dystonic problems normally when off.

As for toe treatment, I jumped up two shoe sizes and/or went to sandels to give my toes lots of room. Rubbing and restriction seem a quick route to deformity. It feels good and is good to pull back and straighten and strech curled toes. I prefer "noninvasive" treatments as I've found that most problems resolve themselves as a new problems arise. I've had severe dystonia move from place to place. Sholders, legs, forearems, butt, lower back, upper back, and my neck.

A toes life is bliss when sinemet is at its best.
shcg is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote