View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 01:12 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

True enough. And the people who do actually think of you will probably want the best for you and would support you even if you danced upside down. (and I don't mean the Diana Ross song here. )

Something else: even people who never touched a drop of alcohol get older, and get unwell sometimes. We can't expect to be 18 again once we sobered up. Counting our blessings - small as they may look - is a good strategy. Maybe your dancing was off, but the guy or girl in the wheelchair would probably sell their soul in order to be able to do what you did.

I trimmed the hedges in the front yard today. Tedious work, lots of cleaning up to do, but the sun was out there, 23°C, and I enjoyed the whole time I was busy, even though today I felt quite a bit of pain. I concentrated on the fact that I was able to do this, that I had enough functioning limbs to pull it off. It's not earth shattering, but I can still do this and doing chores gives me a good feeling afterwards.
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-06-2017), kiwi33 (08-07-2017), PamelaJune (08-06-2017), SecondChances (08-06-2017)