Thread: Dyskinesia
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 04:48 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Paracetamol ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNPV View Post
I recently got a prescription for amantadine but have hesitated to try it because of the side effects. Simple question, if I try it and get bizarre side effects, will they go away as the drug wears off? Thanks!
KNPV, my understanding is that Amantadine is "just" another dopamine agonist, and in theory there is no reason why you should get more and/or fewer side effects than with any other agonist.

I was dx'ed at age 40 and have never had any problem with Amantadine. I can however say that it is the only thing to hit my dysks. However as is always the way in PD we all have specific versions of the disease so you might get side effects, who knows. My advice, try them, see how you are, decide whether to re use. Remember Paula_W a prolific (and brilliant) poster she took Amantadine for approx. 10 years and it was still working for her.

If you allow your fear of side effects to stop your drug usage you will miss some very fine and effective drugs.

Like my Neuro says ... Nowadays they couldn't get paracetamol through trials because of its reported side effects.

Take care,
Neil.
aftermathman is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
johnt (08-07-2017)