Thread: Glutathione
View Single Post
Old 08-06-2017, 08:20 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Hi KNPV,

High-cadence cycling is a bit off-topic, but now that you've asked (and since it's your thread) ...

I don't have a theracycle. I bought a stationary bike (for about $200) that has magnetic resistance. It is very quiet.

I follow the protocol from the clinical trial described in the link below. It specifies a cadence of between 80 and 90 RPM, and a heart-rate of between 60% and 85% of HRmax, where HRmax is simply calculated as 220 minus your age. Forty minutes per session, three sessions per week.

It Is Not About the Bike, It Is About the Pedaling: Forced E... : Exercise and Sport Sciences Reviews

My bike has lots of possible readouts, but the only one I use is the timer. I check my cadence every now and then by counting the number of times my right foot goes around in a 20 second period, and then multiply by 3 to give me the cadence (RPM).

I have a second bike (about $50) which is very small and has no seat and no handlebars. I have it placed on a desk/table and I use it for "arm cycling".

I follow John Pepper's advice of not exercising the same muscle group 2 days in a row. I do leg-cycling one day, arm-cycling the next.

Doing the exercise first thing every morning has a couple of things going for it:
- it just becomes part of your daily routine (like eating breakfast);
- after it's done, you then have the whole morning (virtually), the whole afternoon, and the whole evening, to do other things.

Jeff
jeffreyn is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote