View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 02:24 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Amalgam in extraction site

BRYANNA - I really need your professional advice. I have suffered with facial pain and eye pain for over 20 years on my left side prior to a root canal and afterwards. The tooth then had an apicoectomy about 18 years ago which left me with constant sinus pressure.
Two years ago the tooth then had another root canal by a very experienced Endodontists after a small infection showed at my six monthly check up. This made everything worse I kept returning complaining of pain but was told to leave the tooth to settle down I was put on amitriptyline and pregabalin by the dental school until eventually a fistula formed. (this story is the short version)
Two years after root canal and an Xray at the dental hospital which showed infection the tooth was removed. I payed privately for a very experienced oral surgeon which was 8 weeks ago. I am in worse pain now then before and again I was told to let it settle down. It hasn't. The oral surgeon has referred me to a neurologist for pain medication. However I took it upon myself to seek another opinion of an oral surgeon, he did another X-ray, which I have attached (there is a small piece of amalgam in the socket from the apicoectomy) and also a 3D scan which showed a very small sinus communication which he said should heal on its own as there is no nasal discharge. His advice was to leave alone and see if the area heals or to go back in and clean the socket. Please advice Bryanna. this is completely ruining my life being in constant pain.

Last edited by JAMM; 09-14-2017 at 06:41 AM.
JAMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote