View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 12:35 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Smile

Kat, Really? Just because they didn't find anything, you think this is part psychosomatic?

Okay, so you're on Pred. The drug is doing the job of the adrenals. That means that when you don't have enough sleep, are tired, stressed, etc., you are more prone to adrenal insufficiency symptoms. What are those symptoms? Fatigue, being more hot, sweating, and feeling out of it. Craving sodium can be another sign.

Jet lag after being a long way from home can cause the adrenals to tank as well.

I think you need to give yourself a break!!! Lots of changes lately and a lot of stress. The adrenals can't kick in and help you anymore, as they would normally do. I don't recommend this, but I bet a 1 mg. increase during stressful times would help those symptoms. DO NOT do anything like that without speaking to a doctor!!!

My friend Sheila would have episodes like that (more severe). She would increase her Pred (with the doc's permission) and would be better.

Also, MG is odd. A person can do something on a Monday, be a bit worse on Tuesday, and then tank on Wed. There is a cumulative effect with MG. That's why they say that the only thing predictable about MG is its unpredictability.

Whether that is what is going on or not, I doubt that it's nothing. You have gone through quite a bit here lately and need to rest a lot!!! Give yourself time to adjust. Be kind to yourself.

If you don't get better, talk to a neuro or PCP.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 08-08-2017 at 05:52 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote