View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 09:31 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Good comments all around :)

I think if you talk to your doctor and let them know how important it is for you to know for sure one way or another on the SFN surely they would do the biopsy.

I mean if you don't have SFN then that's another thing you can mark off the list right ? I'm a woman and 55 years old now. I've always felt knowledge is power in its own right.

So now I know I have it. Mine was caused by being pre-diabetic when going into 6 chemo treatments. In my opinion the chemo drugs, taxol/carbo, just excelerated the SFN to the point of severe. When looking back I realized after work and doing dinner and whatever when I sat down in the recliner my toes felt on fire.

The gabapentin does help me but I know it doesn't help everyone. I had to start slow at 100 mgs due to the dizzy weird side effects. I tried to go above 1800 mgs a day but 1800 is my limit. If I go higher I hear things that aren't there...lol

I know it works for me because I had to go off of it for 6 weeks when I went on Lyrica (which gave me a horrible stomach ache). My pain went crazy during that 6 weeks.

I don't really have any suggestions except what you've already read on here about vitamins and such.

Standing or even sitting at the dining room table with my feet on the floor sets my pain off. The vibration on the floor of a car also increases my pain. I ride with my feet on a pillow.

Not sure anything I've said will help but just wanted to put that out there.

So many people do get better. You just have to figure out exactly what you have and then try different treatments to see what helps you the most.

Please keep us posted and try and stay positive.....I know.....easier said than done !

Debi from Georgia
St George 2013 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
cjc54 (02-21-2018), onlyhuman (08-13-2018)