View Single Post
Old 07-17-2007, 11:05 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

ADA, I was told by my back doctor that if i do not keep my core strength up i will also be in a wheelchair. i use a cane and brace now as it is and i am fighting to keep myself walking but like i, always everyone, have a different tolerance of what they can and cannot do. i struggle with the weight problem too, with me it is a stress reliever to eat and my therapy has done wonders for that and i am now shedding the pounds in a happy way. i do keep active too. i have the six grandsons and twins on the way and so i try to stay active with and for them. i have been in the pool this year. we have an inground pool and i have been able to teach my five year old grandson to swim the length ofthe pool without floaties so now this is the sixth grandson i have taught to swim. it is not a big deal to most people but to me it is huge that i can do it. my goal is to keep my back strong and be able to hold and carry the twins when they arrive.
now i am going to the sonogram today with my daughter to see the little ones and hopefully see if we have boys or girls or one of each! so we each have to have something to live for and keep us going and get through the pain and if we have to take off our shoes and roll up our pants ant the end of the day like Betsy, i say, so what! we did it! we made it through another day!! yeah us!!!! joan