View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 06:43 PM
Newly Joined

5 yr Member
Newly Joined

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfrog View Post
I have been recovered for a few years now. I am feeling good and am doing well, but I have made some lifestyle adjustments, mostly around avoiding impact sports/activities and doing my best to ensure I get ample rest and sleep.

For a while now I've been thinking about going vegetarian (possibly wih an exception for fish/fish oil).

Is this a wise/unwise choice? I don't want to do this if it could compromise my health (brain health especially). Can a body- and brain-healthy diet be constructed in the absence of animal meat?
I went vegetarian / mostly vegan about two months ago and I'm feeling much better. I have Secondary Progressive Multiple Sclerosis dx 2006. I asked my doctor before doing the change and she actually encouraged it. I do take other vitamins to make sure, but many people think of you don't eat meat your not getting your proteins etc... You actually get all those thing's from plant based foods. If in doubt consult with your doctor. I highly recommend it if that's what your thinking about doing.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk
rahael72 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
greenfrog (08-09-2017)