View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 12:37 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Bryanna, thankyou so much for your reply and taking the time to advice me I have been reading the advice you give to people on this site for over two years, Just wish this kind of information was available may years ago as unfortunately you do not question what the dentist advices especially when you are younger.
I paid privately to have the tooth with the apioceptamy removed by a very respected and experienced oral and maxillofacial surgeon because I was fully aware about complications removing these kind of teeth from information provided by yourself.
Here is the problem I am now facing, when the tooth was removed it took all of two minutes and there was no X-ray present at the time, the surgeon informed me there was a granuloma on the extracted tooth. I returned to him two more times one which he charged me for! I complained of continued pain in the area I asked him specifically if there could be remaining root fragments in the socket as it was uncomfortable and he assured me there wasn't as he had a good look in the socket and he advised me to let it settle and he would send me to a neurologist for pain management. He did not take a post extraction xray.
I have emailed him a copy of the X-ray and I am awaiting his reply.
The second oral surgeon said we could monitor the site or go back in remove the amalgam and clear out the area which looks like scar tissue and maybe risidual infection but the risks are maybe damaging the back tooth or opening the sinus communication more so that it becomes permanent. He also spoke a drilling the bone to make a blood clot.
My trust in dentistry here in the UK has completely gone!!
Do I go back to the original surgeon and ask him to complete the surgery? or stick with second oral surgeon who I no nothing about. Do I present myself at the local dental school? I want the best possible outcome as this is having a massive impact on my daily life.

By the way the pre molar was a perfectly healthy tooth but due to continued pain around that area over the years a previous dentist decided to fill and eventually root canal it.

Thankyou again for responding to my post it means so much to me.
JAMM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote