View Single Post
Old 08-10-2017, 10:59 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by echoes long ago View Post
the percentage of people approved at the reconsideratrion stage is not high but it does happen. its impossible to predict if it is a waste of time in your particular case. one thing is for sure, it wont be approved if you dont get those forms filled out. my state did not have a reconsideration stage, so after i was turned down on my initial application i had to wait two years to get a hearing. to me its worth the shot.
Thanks for replying. In the e-mail my lawyer states "Your doctor does not have to fill out these forms but it can be helpful in your case if they are willing to do so."

I have three doctors treating me and trying to get three doctors to fill out a form and mail it back to me seems like a huge task because doctors move at a snail's pace. It could be weeks before this is done and I want to get on with it , the sooner I get the denial, the sooner I get a hearing .

On the other hand, if having the forms fill out is a game changer for reconsideration then it would be worth the days/weeks it takes to get it all together.
Alice P is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote