View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 02:45 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smutsik View Post
I've been interested in keto ever since reading that higher levels of beta-hydroxybutyrate increased levels of BDNF in the brain but I've been having so much trouble with symptoms getting worse when I'm hungry that I don't think that the transition phase would be worth it for me. I've only been PCS:ed for 4-5 months though, so if this sticks around for longer I will try it out for sure.

How long have you been having symptoms?
6 years since my car accident. I tried keto for 2 days last month and my symptoms got really bad. I think the transition to keto is hard enough and is why I doubt many people with TBI have tried this route. There are things you can do to help prevent the "keto flu" such as take electrolyte supplements. Meal prep will also help the transition so you have plan for whole week.

What I'm really hopeful about is doing this with HBOT therapy. Dom mentions the benefits of doing both can be quite powerful.

Even for those that don't do full keto(and there are modified versions of keto) taking exogenous ketones and mct powder can still receive a lot of benefits. This a pretty new area and I know in general to be wary of the supplemental industry but I trust dom and he's one of the leaders in this field.
todayistomorrow is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote