View Single Post
Old 08-12-2017, 11:21 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Continued Success

Just wanted to post a quick update.

As of today I take 1 capsule of Rytary 23.75/95 mg 8 times a day starting at 6 a.m. every two hours, plus 1 Amantadine 100 mg and 1 benztropine 1 mg. AT 6 AM and 2 PM. I also have my 2 Ubiquinol 300 mg supplement which I take at 6 am and 2 pm.

Problem #1: Memory loss. I am searching for just what is contributing to memory loss. MRI is scheduled. I will update after I hear the results.

THAT IS REALLY THE ONLY MAJOR NEGATIVE FACTOR! I almost never, NEVER shake. I have very few ON and OFF moments. Food interaction is minimal to moderate but does not cause a crash. A little "restless leg" action is very tolerable.

What did my doctor (MD) say when I went in to see about my bloodwork, if it is normal? "You got Parkinsons, deal with it." This is just wrong thinking. Maybe I am declining into the deeper pits of this disease. After all, I have had it for almost 30 years. Caregivers, fellow PD sufferers, don't give in. Keep looking and experiment and you may be able to find a better path. A year ago I nearly resigned myself to DBS and today my symptoms are so manageable. Although I have lost my ability to fly, roller skate (I tried this two weeks ago-I used to be pretty darn good), ride a motorcycle off road, etc., there is so much I can do!

However, this disease affects all of us differently. If it doesn't today maybe tomorrow...Hope this helps someone today.

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eds195 (08-12-2017), jeffreyn (08-12-2017)