View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 09:53 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Memory

Thanks flashinet. Yes we are considering PK as the culprit both have other considerations mainly concerning the meds. Thank you for your kind comment.

The message I hope comes through is that you may not be able to see your PK symptoms improve and the doctors may have told you that you have to accept things as they are, there is still hope. Research the meds you are taking. With your doctors help try changing them out. Read the histories of people and be willing to try things with your doctors help. But you can lead if the doc is not willing. A year and a half ago I was thinking my life was ending. After changing the meds I have changed for the positive as well. I can go into more detail as to how I changed but it is a slow process and the suffering has to be worth the effort. For me it was.

I am so thankful for my 6 year old daughter because I have to live for her. And the rest of my family. I rented a house that is two stories so I could be forced to climb stairs several times a day. I drive a dune buggy off road with my son on his motorcycle. I took my kids roller skating (yes I did) but one fall showed me I need to stop trying to do things I used too and accept certain lost skills (aircraft pilot, skater, off road motorcycling etc.). Some of those things are likely gone for good but who knows?

I know some of the things I say are difficult or impossible for some to understand. And I am certainly not bragging. But if you or your caregiver sees any validity in these posts try to get out of the thinking that things are hopeless. IT IS NOT. But we have to keep trying.

Lastly I want to say thanks to all who have helped me on my almost 30 year journey with PK. In retrospect I could have been much more cognitive and responsive to this disease. But for almost 25 years I have taken this disease on, not changing so much but certainly changing. But for the last 3 years or so I could see the writing on the wall. And that brings me to this statement from Game of Thrones: "Every time I come back, I'm a little bit less. Pieces of me get chipped away."

Ditto for me.

Jim
I_Got_it_2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote