View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 12:43 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Default Relentless lower back pain

I'm at my wits end, I've moved from the Nevro Senza site as this has nothing to do with that, well it does a bit, but in the main, the unit is off and we are waiting on seeing the surgeons on the 16th. Neurosurgeon, General Surgeon & Orthapaedic Surgeon. Plus will needs to see the Anaesthetist sometime as well.

The pain was bad Thursday evening but I followed the new pain med regime and conquered it. All was good Friday & Saturday, so good I was able to go to the football. This afternoon, I walked in after filling the dogs water bowl and the right side flared - it's getting worse. I took my usual night meds and fell to sleep, came to bed and woken with pain. So far I've taken 2 sublingual, a 20/10 Targin with 5 mg Valium and just now 10mg oxynorm with another 5mg Valium. It's not working. I'm struggling to turn in bed again, experiencing difficulty in putting my right foot to the floor and in general beginning to fear this holiday next Saturday might not happen. Well no way, I'm going to drag my *** there to that plane, take as many of my painkillers as possible to endure the 2 hr flight and then relax in a 5 star resort in a warmer climate.

I've gone off of food, it's not tempting so I'm not to bothered about bowel obstructions and I'm taking 2x movicol sachets daily. Poor DB shattered after his 4 hr sleep last night, I'm trying to be quiet and not worry him.

My medicine regime is;
4am 1 x 10mg oxynorm, 1 x 5 mg Valium, 1 x2 mg progynova, 2 x Panamax
6am 1 20/10 Targin, 1 movicol sachet
8am 1 x 10mg oxynorm
10 am 2x temgesic sublingual
12 noon 1 x 10mg oxynorm 1 x 5 mg Valium
2pm 1 20/10 Targin
4pm 1x 10 mg oxynorm
6pm 2 x temgesic suboingual
6.30 1 x 10mg Endep, 1x 12.5 mg valdoxan 1 x5 mg Valium
8pm 1 x 10 mg oxynorm,
10.30pm 1 x 5mg Valium 2 x tengesic sublingual,
It's not working
Midnight 1 x 10mg oxynorm, 1 x 5 mg Valium

Please god let me lay down to sleep, I have work in the morning a GP consult with a very difficult WC claimant who fails to comply with the simplest request, fax your capacity certificate following your GP consult to the office so I can prepare your RTWplan.

She keeps changing her appointment date & time so I'll be ready to go & she'll ring & say I've been I'll fax the certificate. Not once has it arrived by fax & then I'm constantly chasing it, this last time she saw the GP 31 July. I had managed to schedule it so I could attend but was instead in hospital myself & couldn't go, the capacity certificate arrived by post from the GP with the invoice on the 10th August. I issued the RTWplan & said how disappointed I am she has been working all this time since 31 July without a plan & how I have a duty of care for her. By attending work without a plan she compromises my integrity & her safety. I said I'm confident we can work together & improve the current practice she has fallen into - forget to send the fax, goodness it's only 2 pages! But she prefers I'm sure to do nothing, say nothing & if something happens it is their fault not mine. Well, not on my watch!

I said I'm aware she attends the GP on the 14th & I told her I will be coming, at the very least I can get the capacity certificate & do a RTWplan hopefully for 4 weeks rather than every 2 weeks. GP's see WC as a money gravy train money for nothing I'm afraid. If I can get a 4 wk consult and prepare her RTWplan I can make it up to 14.September by which time I'll have had surgery and will be able to talk coherently to my colleague who will manage my 3 states WA, SA & NT while I'm off. So it's essential I get get this pain under enough control to attend in the morning. Tears are rolling but I'm going to do this....

Post edit, it's 5am, I am up, I've taken 1 x 10mg oxynorm & 1 x 20/10 Targin along with 1 x 2 mg progynova and vitamins D, zinc, magnesium, B6 & evening primrose oil.... I can and will succeeed!

Last edited by PamelaJune; 08-13-2017 at 04:40 PM.
PamelaJune is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
eva5667faliure (12-07-2017)