View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 01:29 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Thanks for the great support Gerry, Marleen and Littlepaw! That is one of the things that I have always liked about this forum is the great support from so many members.

Marleen, since CRPS affects my right leg and foot, mostly my ankle and foot, I have been unable to drive since the CRPS started giving me real problems in January of 2015 following an ankle surgery. I am lucky to have such a wonderful Mom who drives me to all of my appointments now. I usually sit in the back seat with my leg elevated which was the only way that I managed to get some relief. The ride home was difficult but I wanted to get back to the comforts of home instead of staying in a hotel.

I did have have some problems late Thursday night that caused me to wake up in pain. It was too late to call my rep, but I gave him a call first thing Friday morning. I was no longer receiving stimulation from the device for some reason, and from what I described to my rep, we had a feeling that my leads migrated out of place. After spending most of the day on the phone, he managed to find a rep closer to home that would be able to run some diagnostics and reprogram if necessary. It meant that I would have to meet the rep in Flint which is 2-1/2 hours away, but that is better than going all the way to Cleveland or just ending the trial after just three good days.

I met the rep on Saturday and she ran a few diagnostics. It turned out that the leads did migrate just enough that I was no longer getting the coverage that was required to provide relief the way the stimulator was originally programmed. There were also a couple of errors that were preventing the stimulator from working correctly. To top it all off, I think that I just overdid things with all that I did over the previous couple of days and the added swelling was not helping me at all. The rep did manage to reprogram the device enough that I am getting good relief again. Now I just have to remember to try to go slow and not push myself so much. I want to get better, but moving too fast is not the way to go.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
catra121 (08-14-2017), ger715 (08-14-2017), RSD ME (08-14-2017)