View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 02:13 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritas View Post
Good evening All,

Im hoping for some kind replies. I've had mysterious symptoms come and go since the fall of 2014 and no one has figured it out. Not a pleasant place to be as I'm sure many of you know. Initially my neuro mentioned MS, but that no longer appears to be the case.*

After a period of 7 months or so pretty much symptom-free, things are back. The last episode (fall 2016) brought muscle weakness in my arms and in my upper back. I could hardly cut up potatoes, for example, prepare a meal because the weakness was so bad. It stopped after 2-3 weeks.*

In the spring of 2015 things were at their worst. I had episodes of leg weakness where just the thought of walking to my car in the parking lot at work exhausted me, or running to the store to pick something up. I also had episodes of severe pain in the lower back and hip area, and sometimes thighs, that was also unexplained by MRI. Also aching of my limbs. Terrible.

Now I'm having strange weak feelings that come and go in my ankle/very lower leg area and my wrists/lower arms. The thing is, I wake up with it sometimes, and I understand that with MG it improves with rest. Now I'm again experiencing that weak muscle feeling in my mid-upper back, when I say this I mean the muscles below the blades. I was doing my hair last week and after my arms and wrists ankles felt very tired, and my back. Then it got better.

Now my left eye looks smaller than the right. The lid is clearly lowered and shrinking the look of my eye. At the moment, I can actually feel it and the muscles right now.

When I wake up they both look small, but then the right one improves but I suspect it's still smaller looking than normal. I first noticed this when I saw a photo of myself taken last year with a group of family. My eyes looked tiny! It made me look like my face was puffy - maybe it was - but never have I seen myself look like that in a picture. I was diagnosed with dry eye hot long after that, and my eyes had been bothering me from that, but it's not so bad lately at all.*

I also get stabbing pains, which were worse in 2015, but I still get them on occasion. Usually they're in my hands, feet, thighs.

Also, I've had a few days where I feel it's hard and tiring to breathe, but I thought it was allergies. It feels like I wish I had an inhaler when that happens.

Does this sound familiar to anyone, and if you have weakness, does it come and go and differ one month or year to the next? Is it only after exertion or can you also wake with the sensation?

Due to my eye, etc. I'm wondering if anyone thinks it's worth it to be checked for MG. This is one thing that has not been looked into. I do not have double vision, except for ghosting when I look at lights which I'm told is the dry eye or the early cataracts I have. Ugh.*

Do you always have double vision or can you just have a drooping eyelid?

Sorry for all the questions, I'm just wondering if this sounds familiar and if MG is worth looking into.*

Thank you!
Hello Veritas
Welcome to our Thread. I am sure what I'm going to say would be ask by most of our members.
We need background info about your problems.
Do you have a regular doctor, if so what type?
Have you had any diagnosis of your problems?

We all would need that to offer much insight to what you feel.
You have some symptoms which sound like MG, but others which are not usually associated with MG.
Please write back and give us more to work with, and I'm sure you will find some helpful answers.
Thanks FREDH
FREDH is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AnnieB3 (08-19-2017)