View Single Post
Old 08-13-2017, 08:02 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

It sounds like you are experiencing an anxiety reaction. Your ability to relax out of it is good. Your legs are not getting fatigued. Instead, your heightened sensation to anything is taking a small sensation in your legs and magnifying it. This is a very common problem.

It might help if you could listen to something that does not require cognitive effort like an audio book and is not stressful or intense like thumping or other aggressive music is. Uplifting music can be good. Then, maybe you can just go for a walk. No goal oriented walking. Just a walk. Reduce the intensity.

I had a collection of music I could use to distract and refocus my mind. For me it was Dianna Krall, The Look of Love and some Sarah Brightman CDs. I also used Celtic Woman videos to grab my visual focus and auditory focus.

I was not getting triggered by bumps or impacts. I was being triggered by over-stimulation and over-attending. I had to find my own rescue systems. I had nobody helping me. All they did was offer drugs.

With some experimenting, you should be able to learn your own rescue skills. A therapist may be able to help you.

My bets to you.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
smutsik (08-14-2017)