View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 08:46 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trippin2 View Post
BatBite
Did you have bad muscle spasms?
I am on week 2 now, they are getting less intense but still here. I have never had them this long
Hope everyone had a good weekend

I have had both muscle jerks/twitches (myoclonus) and muscle spasms (the muscles contracting for a period of time, not jerking or twitching.) The myoclonus mostly happened as I would drift off to sleep, that time between wakefulness and sleep, but would also sometimes occur when awake (as with the muscles on the front of my neck.) The muscle spasms would occur along with the nocturnal siezures (I would wake from a sound sleep with pretty much all of my muscles tightening and shortening, whole body shaking/vibrating, jaw muscles clenching down, urinary urgency/incontinence...sometimes I would make it to the bathroom in time, sometimes not.) These were not Grand Mal siezures where you wake up in a pool of urine and don't know what happened or can't remember the event. I always woke up when the muscles began to spasm and was aware of the whole event. It's all happening less and less as time goes on...still journaling everything in a small book. I dog ear the pages where I've had a major event so it's easier to look back and see how I'm progressing. There were also times when my fine muscle coordination was really bad, had a difficult time writing...that also shows in the journal.

Last edited by Batbite24; 08-14-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Adding information
Batbite24 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote