View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 04:44 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I did it, and I got 4 wk rtw plan for the worker along with arrangements for a physiologist to become involved in assisting manage her wellness & a targeted approach to her injured muscle group in order to return to capacity. A really lovely GP, very keen to listen to what I had to say and apply it. So I don't think it's the GP that's been the issue, just the worker being slack. Don't get me wrong she has a genuine injury was in a MVA on her way home from work with another worker. It is very much like being on a hamster wheel when your on workers comp and I try to keep things as simple as possible for our workers. I can only guess I do a good enough job by the amount of flowers I get from staff who have endured the RTW and achieved & sustained capacity plus flowers from those who I've assisted negotiate the settlement route. I have a passion for my job and to see injured workers get well.

I reached the office about 10ish after the consult and somehow managed to stay until 4.30. So many things to do and if I don't do them they don't get done!

I'm only using that regime when the pain flares & I can't get it under control. Last night just my endep, valdoxan, 1 x20/10 Targin & 1 x 5mg Valium. I'm just going to move slower than I used to. The girls in the office are good, they get stuff off of the printer for me. I will go to the office today & if it gets worse I'll come home and just go back in on Friday for the management meeting. Then it's holiday, rest & relaxation in a much warmer climate which I'm hoping will help!!

And it will be a lumbar fusion. I will know more tomorrow x

Quote:
Originally Posted by ger715 View Post
Pam,
Don't know how you are even thinking of going in to work. I wouldn't be surprised if your boss will want you to go home.

How long is this medication schedule prescribed? The Valium is probably the only thing that is getting you some sleep; but each one only lasts an hour or so. Does it appear there is a cervical fusion in the near future???

I can't help but wonder if it is wise to push you body so hard trying to continue working. DB must feel helpless. (I do; and I'm not even there.)

Take care dear friend...

Gerry
eva5667faliure (12-07-2017), ger715 (08-14-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-16-2017)