View Single Post
Old 08-27-2006, 05:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

No it does not interfere with nighttime sleep.... although for the record I have taken bedtime meds to help me sleep for the past several years (the pain and my anxiety racing mind keep me awake).

I have also been diagnosed with adult ADD, and so far the Provigil does seem to be helping with that as well, there is a pubilshed study about the effectiveness of Provigil on adult ADD.

We (doc and I) chose Provigil instead of a traditional ADD med because it is less likely to make my anxiety/panic worse... the traditional ADD meds have a higher possibility of making anxiety/panic worse than Provigil does.

I take 100mg on most days - either as a single dose in the morning, or 50mg in the am and 50mg at noon.

Some days just the 50mg in the am is enough, and other days I take 100mg in the am and then need another 50mg at noon.

As you can see, my fatigue varies greatly so my dose varies, but I have a great doc who prescribes my meds so that I have wiggle room. The prescription is for me to take up to 200mg a day as needed -- I have yet to need the full 200mg.
Wittesea is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote