View Single Post
Old 08-14-2017, 08:50 PM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleFoot721 View Post
Thanks for the great support Gerry, Marleen and Littlepaw! That is one of the things that I have always liked about this forum is the great support from so many members.

Marleen, since CRPS affects my right leg and foot, mostly my ankle and foot, I have been unable to drive since the CRPS started giving me real problems in January of 2015 following an ankle surgery. I am lucky to have such a wonderful Mom who drives me to all of my appointments now. I usually sit in the back seat with my leg elevated which was the only way that I managed to get some relief. The ride home was difficult but I wanted to get back to the comforts of home instead of staying in a hotel.

I did have have some problems late Thursday night that caused me to wake up in pain. It was too late to call my rep, but I gave him a call first thing Friday morning. I was no longer receiving stimulation from the device for some reason, and from what I described to my rep, we had a feeling that my leads migrated out of place. After spending most of the day on the phone, he managed to find a rep closer to home that would be able to run some diagnostics and reprogram if necessary. It meant that I would have to meet the rep in Flint which is 2-1/2 hours away, but that is better than going all the way to Cleveland or just ending the trial after just three good days.

I met the rep on Saturday and she ran a few diagnostics. It turned out that the leads did migrate just enough that I was no longer getting the coverage that was required to provide relief the way the stimulator was originally programmed. There were also a couple of errors that were preventing the stimulator from working correctly. To top it all off, I think that I just overdid things with all that I did over the previous couple of days and the added swelling was not helping me at all. The rep did manage to reprogram the device enough that I am getting good relief again. Now I just have to remember to try to go slow and not push myself so much. I want to get better, but moving too fast is not the way to go.
I am so excited to hear you are getting some relief! I really want to get the DRG...but my insurance won't approve it. I'm looking at options for possibly changing insurance companies...as mine seems to be the only one (of the ones my dr accepts) that is just flat out denying the DRG (but will approve regular SCS). I hope that your relief continues...it does sound encouraging. Sorry about the migration issue but glad they were able to reprogram for you (without you going to Cleveland). Good luck to you!
catra121 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ger715 (08-14-2017), PurpleFoot721 (08-15-2017), RSD ME (08-15-2017)