View Single Post
Old 08-15-2017, 02:57 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batbite24 View Post
I have had both muscle jerks/twitches (myoclonus) and muscle spasms (the muscles contracting for a period of time, not jerking or twitching.) The myoclonus mostly happened as I would drift off to sleep, that time between wakefulness and sleep, but would also sometimes occur when awake (as with the muscles on the front of my neck.) The muscle spasms would occur along with the nocturnal siezures (I would wake from a sound sleep with pretty much all of my muscles tightening and shortening, whole body shaking/vibrating, jaw muscles clenching down, urinary urgency/incontinence...sometimes I would make it to the bathroom in time, sometimes not.) These were not Grand Mal siezures where you wake up in a pool of urine and don't know what happened or can't remember the event. I always woke up when the muscles began to spasm and was aware of the whole event. It's all happening less and less as time goes on...still journaling everything in a small book. I dog ear the pages where I've had a major event so it's easier to look back and see how I'm progressing. There were also times when my fine muscle coordination was really bad, had a difficult time writing...that also shows in the journal.

This is a lot like my symptoms, especially the stiff hands. Every day when I wake up I think, well, I'm another day further removed from this. Hopefully getting better and better.
This terribleness has really opened my eyes and made me re-evaluate my whole life. This disease as I call it has affected not only my health but my mental well being and my relationships, not to mention my money.
I don't care about any of this anymore except being healthy. All the dumb crap I used to worry about was so meaningless and I foolishly took everything for granted in my life. Never will I again
If we can get through this we can get through anything
trippin2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
madisongrrl (08-15-2017), monkeyman (12-14-2017)