View Single Post
Old 08-16-2017, 06:19 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

i do feel as this is a concussion, but a lot milder than the one i suffered last year. i feel this because i still have a headache, i feel *more disoriented/dizzy, brain fog is increased and i have that feeling of being all amped up while also being super-down (which involves apathy and loss of appetite). that full-on psychosis of last year has not happened and hopefully will not hit me at all (crossing my fingers for dear life).

i was doing very well with my drinking until recently (stopped going to AA). 90% of my concussions are alcohol-related. Going back to meetings asap.

i have two questions... is it okay for me to take a valium for this anxiety, as it is almost unbearable...SSRI's take weeks to kick in. I know that benzos can have a very negative effect on recovery.

and i also have infected (despite proper cleaning/hygiene) cuts/gashes (+major bruising) from the fall. i have an auto-immune disorder , so i think that's why i am not healing as well. i suspect i will have to take oral antibiotics for the infection and NSAID's (which amazingly i have avoided since my diagnosis) for the swelling/pain. are these bad for a pcs brain?

thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Nobody can say if you suffered a concussion from your description. It does not sound like you have the symptoms of a concussion.

The wee bit of pain suggests a mild contact. As I have commented many times, The skin over the skull have many layers that are full of nerve endings that can easily be traumatized without an impact that is of a concussive level.

The stiff neck suggests it may be the cause of your headache.

If you are a habitual neck cracker, you may be developing some arthritic like issues.

If you were drinking enough to not pay attention, that suggests it was too much for a PCS brain and also enough to put you at risk of falling or antagonizing another attacker.
dumb bell is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote