View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 02:28 PM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by catra121 View Post
I am so excited to hear you are getting some relief! I really want to get the DRG...but my insurance won't approve it.
Thank you Catra! I'm sure if you and your doctor keep on fighting for it, they will eventually give approval for you to go ahead with the trial. I know you have been having so many difficulties with your insurance for some time now. That has to be so frustrating!

My trial ended Tuesday afternoon and we returned back home yesterday. I wish I could keep the device in for a little longer while they worked on getting approval from my insurance for the permanent device, but it was nice to be able to take a shower once we got back to the hotel for the evening which I could not do during the trial. All in all, the doctors and I were extremely pleased with the results of the trial during the past week even though I did have a few problems that were quickly taken care of. The only real complaint that I had was how temperamental the device was on how I was positioned. If I was lying down, or standing or sitting with my back slightly arched, I would get a little paresthesia. If I was a little hunched over or slouching at all, I would get no relief. I guess that means that I will have to watch how I sit or lie down from now on if I want good relief without the paresthesia going on, but of the many treatments I have tried so far, this is the only one that has given good results. Since I was getting good pain relief and can see me starting to get my life back, I can easily put that off to the side and not really complain about it at all.

Since we were all so pleased with the results, they are trying to get insurance approval for the permanent device. If everything goes well, I should be getting that sometime mid to late September. My fingers are crossed that everything goes through without any problems.

Alaina
PurpleFoot721 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
BioBased (08-19-2017), ger715 (08-19-2017), RSD ME (08-18-2017)